Friday, September 21, 2012

mini birthday cakes


My mom's birthday was in August, so as a surprise I wanted to bake her some cake and take it over to her house so she'd see it when she got home from work.

I had seen several ideas of this type of cake (like this one and this one), but didn't really follow any directions.  I just made it up as I went along.

I used a box yellow cake and store bought vanilla icing.  I baked the cake in a jelly roll pan, let it cool, and then using a biscuit cutter, I cut out my layers.  Then I piped icing between each layer to build the cakes.  I added some sprinkles and made a small bunting to hang over the cakes.

Sadly, one kind of went lopsided and then fell over on the ride to mom's.  It was a good idea, but my execution could have been better, at least in my opinion.



It was a fun and simple project!  We had a few left over, so of course I made one for G!

Happy Birthday Mom!
xo,
logan

No comments: