Friday, September 7, 2012

green smoothies

...or smoosies as G calls them.

I've always struggled getting vegetables into G once he gave up eating purees, so I've turned to smoothies. This was the first green smoothie I made for him. I followed this recipe, exactly as written. I'll include it below as well. He definitely enjoyed it. I hyped it up a bit saying it was a special drink just for him. The left overs were perfect for the Zoku pop maker. So now I have a stash of popsicles in the freezer for an afternoon treat that as a bonus are quite healthy!






Green Smoothie
**recipe from two peas & their pod
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
1 large orange, peeled and segmented
1/2 of a large banana, cut into chunks
6 large strawberries
2 cups spinach
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup ice

Directions:
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.


It's so easy and quick! and you can freeze for later. We'll definitely be exploring the world of "smoosies" the rest of the summer and fall.

Enjoy!
xo, logan

No comments: